More Frequently Asked Questions (Members)
Got a question? You might find the answer below, or on our About Us page. If you don't find it, Get in touch, and we'll try to answer it.
- 1. Can non-members see my personal details, like my address?
- No. They can't. They are only visible to current members of CamLETS who have passwords to access the site. You can see this for yourself if you look at the website without signing in. You will find that if you try to look at the Members List for instance, you will be asked to sign in.
- 2. I've been asked for my Member ID but I what is it and where do I find it?
- Your Member ID is your account number as four digits (prefix zeros to make it up to four digits), e.g. account number 3 will be Member ID 0003, account number 24 will be 0024 and mine will be 0249.
- 3. Who creates my password? Where does it come from? How do I know I am the only one who knows it?
- The website will automatically create a unique password and send it to you by email so you may log in. Please change your password as soon as you can to ensure the security of your account and the system.
- 4. Help! I've forgotten my password! How do I get back into the website now?
- You can reset your password any time, a new one will be generated and sent to you by email. Please change your password as soon as you can to ensure the security of your account and the system.
- 5. Can I register more than email address with my account, so my partner can receive mail?
- Yes. The system allows for joint membership, which can be arranged with the membership secretary. Both email addresses will receive our weekly updates and newsletter. The account will still be associated with the primary member's email address if you forget your login details, or certain system communication.
- 6. Why do all my listed offers finish with the first four (or first three with an underscore) characters of my postcode?
- This is a compromise measure so that the public can see the general areas where current members live but not see exactly where they are. A complete postcode would tell people which house or block of flats you live in. Members however can see the whole postcode. When we have developed our maps section this will be useful for people wanting to find out where members live.
- 7. I would like to use the website myself but I don't have internet access at home, what do I do?
- A password can be sent to you in the post which you can use at a library, or internet café etc. or at the home of another CamLETS member who offers internet use via the system. However, if you are logging onto the website from a public computer it is absolutely vital that you don't ask the computer to remember your password and that you remember to logout when you have finished.
- 8. I don't have any interest in computers and I don't want to use the CamLETS website. Can't I just get the paper directory?
- there is a Helper role called Buddies to help people who don't want to use the website. Anyone one who needs a buddy will be assigned one who will help them to manage their account via the website. Buddies will be properly trained and they will be paid by the system so getting their help won't cost these members any extra Cams. They will be supported by the Buddy Coordinator.
- 9. Can you send a message to all members for my urgent listing?
- We send updated listings to all members once a week. We know it's not always practical to wait, especially if what you are listing is time-sensitive or urgent. For a more immediate response, you can post on the members-only Facebook group or WhatsApp channel.
- 10. How do I renew and pay for my membership?
- Renewals are done manually. Around the time that your membership is due, the Membership Secretary will get in touch with you and ask if you want to renew. This is also a good time for you to raise any concerns or questions you might have. You can read about the options for member subscriptions and payments.
Page last updated 21/11/22 by CT